Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Paper Dolls


Hey ladies!

I was recently asked to write an article on sex, love and cancer... sounds like soap opera huh? Anyway It's a pretty cool piece and might be an insight into how many of us feel post chemo and surgery. Mangled... ugly and freaked out.

I illustrated a cancer paper doll. If you're ambitious you can cut her out and put the sexy bedroom outfits on her. At first this was the only way I felt normal in front of my boyfriend. I eventually got used to my new topography but it took some time and a lot of self reflection. I had to give up that I no longer had a nubile 26 year olds body. When you quit wishing for things you do not have there is a freedom that comes with it.

Here is a link to the article at http://today.msnbc.msn.com/id/33213581 and will be followed by a feature on breast cancer for the Today Show website Thursday. Please create site traffic and share your thoughts on love and sex in the comments section. There are women we can help with our experiences.

Here is the illustration. I hope you think its fun.



Namaste,

-Tracey

No comments:

Post a Comment