Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Cancer Diary


It's part of the process for me and presumably others to write about their experience with cancer... for me in particular I tried to keep my bad thoughts in a book where only I was able to see them and release them. For the rest of the world I was strong, fearless and stoic. I had to have a burn book of sorts or I'd go ape-shit. It's not a good thing to keep things bottled up, nor do I think its a good thing to create your own pity party. This book saved my life. This book let all of the bad bleed out of me and into its pages... I was able to close that book with all of its poison and toss it into a drawer and go about my day kicking some ass and taking some names. People express themselves differently for me this was the right way. The amount of anger and bitchiness and sadness that my cancer diary contains is mostly for me... and its not much fun to revisit it. It's full of the worst parts of me. Man am I happy I did this. Here is the first entry about a week after my diagnosis.

No comments:

Post a Comment